Thursday, February 9, 2012

Belle from Beauty and the Beast Cake : Holly's Birthday (2011)

Hey guys. :)
It's been just about forever since I've posted on here, and I've still got a lot of cakes I've never posted about.  So am I going to be more consistent with this?  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :P

So, about this time LAST year, my buddy Holly had just turned 22.  So in honor of the event, I made her this surprise Belle cake.

 I used the Wilton doll pan to get the shape of her dress.  The doll is a pick, but the entirety of her dress is made from fondant.

Looking back, I find it amusing that I did all the buttercream details with a medicine syringe.  I made this before I learned anything about piping with pastry bags, so although its kinda shoddy, at least I was innovative. :P


And here she is all lit up. :) 

As for now, I just finished making a peace sign cake, which I'm about to go drop off now... at 4am. :P

More posts soon?  I hope so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment