Monday, May 23, 2011

Snare Drum Groom's Cake

My cousin Katy  and her now-husband, Chris, got married last month and asked me to make his groom cake.



It was a great opportunity, but it was also terrifying, since the cake design seemed a bit complicated and out of my comfort zone.  Overall though, I liked how it turned out.  And I actually took process photos this time!


The layers for this came out of the oven almost completely level for once, so it was super easy to put together.  Not to mention I got to use my turntable Christmas Present again. :)

 All frosted in buttercream and into the fridge to set.

Meanwhile, I made some of the smaller details out of white chocolate.  And hours and hours and hours later, it was all finished. :)


Just in time to get a nap in before my hair appointment the next morning. :P

It was a long day, but definitely a great wedding and super fun reception.  Thanks again guys for letting me do this. :) :) :)

3 comments:

  1. It came out fantastic! I bet they loved it :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic cake. They must have been thrilled. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really enjoyed the time I spent here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Great job, the cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete